Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The End of Us

You always wanted me to write our story....to immortalize our love, our passion.
To forever capture those exquisitely tender moments when not only our bodies, but our spirits, our souls, our total essences deliciously fused together in ecstasy.
And maybe I will someday, when the pain is not so raw, when my emotions stop swirling, changing in all directions and seemingly out of my control.

I miss Us so..... You took me to places I never knew existed. With you I held nothing back and gave myself up to the moment, to you--totally and completely. All that is gone now and only the painfully sweet memories are left. They are embedded in every pore of my being. My body still feels you, longs for you. I do miss Us so.....but in the missing is the appreciation of, the paying tribute to, our own little history. In grieving we honor what was and lovingly tuck each memory away in our hearts for safe keeping.

I would not trade what we shared for anything in the world, and I would do it all again---even knowing it would eventually end in pain---because We were, our love existed and nothing can change that, nothing can erase it or take it away. We now forge ahead each on our own separate journeys--better for having known each other, stronger for having willingly shared, bared ourselves to each other in love, anger, joy, pain and every other exquisitely wonderful emotion in between. Te seguire amando siempre.

1 comment:

JP (mom) said...

i feel this pain, my friend ... write about it whenever it moves you. this is a process .

love,
janepoe