Thursday, July 13, 2006

How To Begin

Well, here it is 2 days after I started this blog and I haven't posted anything yet. Not because I haven't written anything, but because I don't know how to start. Do I write my thoughts in form of a journal, do I write in poetry form (like my great boss, Deb, but certainly not as wonderful as she writes). I keep second guessing myself and holding myself back. I haven't written anything (except for e mails, holiday cards, B-day cards, etc.) since I graduated with my Bachelor's in 1999. Too long. Deb suggested I do this as a way to get back into writing so I guess that's what I'll do. I know I need to, especially right now. Going thru a break-up sucks. I wish it were a six months from now so I could be over the hardest part. For some reason six months has always been the magic number for me in these sort of things. At the six month mark I feel better, I can look back and see the pain I was in and remember it, but not be drenched in it like I am right now. But I guess I have to get thru it before it will get any better. A well-meaning friend told me a few days ago to just not think about it. I guess that's one way to do it, but it has never been mine. As much as I hate it and as much as it sucks, I have to just let it happen. Let the process just unfold, let the emotions take me where they need to take me and not be afraid of them. So this is how I will start I guess, just write whatever comes to me at the moment I am writing. Just let the process unfold.

1 comment:

JP (mom) said...

Yes! Let the process unfold and you will hear the music of your voice as it spills out in written word.

Keep it up :)